Hello, I just went back through and watched the Amazing Grace video as a student would and I wanted to make some comments.
I would encourage you to be dramatic with the simple aspects of this song.
1. Emphasize your bends. Make them stronger or quicker than normal to add a highlighted affect.
2. Be Chromatic! Look for some extra ways to add half steps into your music. What I mean by this is to play a fret lower or a fret above your landing note to lead into the melody.
3. Implement dynamics. When playing softly really back off of the music and then come in quickly to the areas that you want to add volume.
4. Be liberal with your hammer-ons and pull-offs. This will really add the complexity to this tune.
5. Try to create your own ending. This song is slow enough that you should be able to invent an ending for yourself. When you’ve mastered it don’t forget to name it (ex. The Sleepy Slide, The “B” String Twist). Now you can teach it to others and most importantly, they’ll remember it.