We all have our favorite banjo players. Here’s my top 5 in order from 1 to 5! I have learned so much from these pickers. Below you’ll find that I’ve listed the concepts that I have learned from each picker. They really are all number one in their own right.
1. Ron Stewart – Creative thinking on the banjo. He doesn’t miss a note. Well done!
2. Sammy Shelor – How to drive a song and influence a band. The master of drive!
3. Ron Block – How to play in uncommon keys and positions. He thinks so well up the neck.
4. JD Crowe – Steady driving rhythm with a flare of joy. He really appears to love his music.
5. Earl Scruggs – So many great standard tunes. Earl is the king of the banjo, there’s no doubt.
I’m sure you may have others in your top 5. Post your favorites in the comment section below so we can see who you like.